Monday, February 15, 2010

44. Happy Valentines Day.

For starters, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LOVES!
A few weeks ago, I was planning on going up to the mountains to snowboard a bit with my ladies, when I realized that my last trip to the mountains, I ended up going in jeans, tennis shoes, and a jacket. Granted, it was a few years back, but I will tell you, that my fascination with going as fast as I can and then falling down, left me soaked. I realized that this year would be the same story.
So I've decided that it's time to get a puff jacket to satisfy my desire for one as well as prepare me for a very, very cold day. My boyfriend surprised me at 7am on Valentines Day with a trip to Catalina Island. We drove to the dock, brought our bikes on the boat (the island is so small that transportation there consists of a small car, a golf cart, or bicycle), slept the whole way there, and stepped onto land at 11am with the beautiful sun shining across the whole island. We ate, went to the museum, road around, shopped, ate dessert, and so on and so forth. After getting back, he took me out to my favorite restaurant along with many other surprises. Blah, blah, blah. The sappy V-Day story I just know you were all dying to hear. Let's move on.
In one of the shops, I found the perfect puff jacket by RVCA. Fortunately for me, I hadn't cashed my checks yet and I forced Adam to put his card back in his wallet, because quite frankly, I like to buy my own clothes, and he had already gone above and beyond what he needed to for me today. The ending of the story is my valentines day was fantastic, even though I had to sail away while watching my puffer jacket stuck on Catalina Island forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment